Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Not great but not bad

After getting to the gym Saturday morning so my son could try out the crossfit kids class (they had a blast!).  At the end of a few games and warm-ups, learning how to do squats and burpees and pull-ups - they did their own little WOD, 7 squats, 5 burpees, 2 pull-ups (his form on the first two left alot to be desired, but dang can these kids ever do pull-ups easily!)



 

Then we came back later in the afternoon to do our workout. I found out that the workout from the previous day DIDN"T COUNT because you can't swap out exercises. So if there's something you can't do, you get a 0 for it (if it's the first part of the workout...because you can't move on until you complete it). Knowing that, I spent a good hour practicing those darn double unders. They are pretty sad... I do about 4 single jumps and then a double... so really I'm skipping almost 4 times the amount of everyone else just to get them in! I had a great judge - she was super encouraging and helped me BIG time mentally get through it. I finished at 120 - better than my previous 0, even better then my previous cheating score of 60.

(no matter how many times I rotate this picture - it keeps going sideways, argh)

Very nervous to see what Friday holds for me!

2 people had this to say:

Teresa said...

Keep up the good work. My oh my your son has gotten tall.

Kataroo said...

I love that you went back and tackled the double unders!! and then practice for an hour and do the WOD! you totally BEAT THE PANTS of Ryan :)

AMAZING CHRISTY AMAZING!!