Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Randomness

1 - if I stand up straight (I'm a bad sloucher) it works my abs. Now that my abs are a bit sore from Monday night's class, I can feel it more when I stand straight up.

2 - the better I am doing in terms of eating, exercise, etc... the more I blog

3 - I'm going to walk to the market to see if the fruits and veggies are out yet

4 - It's been about 6 weeks since I started washing my hair every second day and I STILL feel grungy the second day. I shower in the mornings, just don't wash my hair, but I feel the grease from my hair get on my face, hands.... I don't think I can do it much longer

5 - My Bare Escentuals makeup arrives this weekend (and I get to have a dinner with my old roommate, one of my closest friends and their group of friends)

6 - I'm eating a very satisfying lunch of tuna, a roasted red pepper and lettuce wrapped up in a WW tortilla, a salad with red peppers and red onions, and a tupperware full of watermelon for dessert

7 - I'm going to try THIS recipe this weekend. Do you think I can freeze the leftovers?

8 - I must start making my own salad dressing. I used to do it all the time, without question, but I've gotten lazy I suppose. I alternate between Kraft Creamy Poppyseed (calorie-wise), Annie's Goddess Dressing, and Roasted Red Pepper dressing (either Kraft or Annie's). I'm a hypocrite because I always complain about processed stuff and this is probably one of the easiest ways to cut out processed foods - by making my own salad dressing! Plus, it's a sure fire way to get my daily oil in :)

4 people had this to say:

Malinda said...

Thanks Christy for the birthday wishes!

I totally get 2 from your list.

I thought you and your friends might enjoy one of my most favorite people (a friend & client) comedy show. She has a few dates coming up in Ottawa in may and july, check out www.funnymommy.com

Cheers!

eurydice said...

i recently read in a magazine that "washing your hair too much is bad" is a myth. i wash mine every morning and i'm not stopping! everytime i try not to i feel like a dirty slob all day long. the article said that most shampoos are gentle enough for every day use.

Carolyn said...

I hear you on the hair front, I know it's not as healthy but I have to wash my hair everyday. It feels grungy on the second day!

The recipe looks yummy! I make chikcen fingers and they seem to keep pretty well in the fridge or freezer. Although when you reheat them, avois the microwave, it dries out the chicken and makes the coating soggy. It's best to warm them up in the oven.

Christy said...

Thank you ladies! I'm going to check out that site Malinda... and thanks for the tips on the hair, I'm really quite happy to know it's a myth, cause yeah, I just can't do it... I don't like feeling icky.